What is Two Weeks Notice and All You Need to Know
If you have definitely decided to resign from your current job, it is confirmed to be provided your employer with the two weeks' notice. It does not matter whatever your reason for the left, the two weeks gives an employer. It is enough time to get the new candidate who will fill up your work. For example, an employer might need some time to get to hire another candidate to fill the position which you will leave.
It will appreciate to you that you are staying on for a couple of weeks in the company to help with until the replacement comes there. This can be helpful to you as well, offering you the opportunity to prove your professionalism and to leave the job on a positive note.
What is two weeks' notice?
There are so many reasons why you will want or need to leave your job. When you leave the job then it is normal to give at least two weeks' notice to your employer about your leaving. This period gives you time to complete your current work responsibilities, inform your bosses and co-workers how to perform some of your job duties once you’re gone, and to say goodbye to your co-workers in a professional and positive way. It also gives your employer time to open a role to fill your job.
It is most important to review your service contract before giving notice in case your company has some other guidelines around resigning. Depending on the terms of your contract, a two weeks notice letter may be required to formally resign your position.
Reasons to write a two-week notice letter.
To do communication with our boss we should always do the email to the boss. It is only the professional and the way to get communication to our boss. nowadays all the company is doing paperless work. So if you want to change the job then you can not change it simply telling them you should do it in a professional way. As a way to get the joining in that way only, you should leave it. You have to send the email to the boss and you have texted him the genuine reason for leaving the job. It is a professional way to give resign from the job.
One more way to give the resignation from the job is the offline mode. In offline mode, you have to submit the letter to the boss. It should be not in an unprofessional way. You have to give the letter in the letterhead of the company.
How to write a simple two weeks notice.
When you are going to resign from a job, it’s normal to provide a resignation letter of two weeks before your last day of work. There are some things to be considered before you will submit this letter to your employer.
1. If possible, find a suitable time to meet with your employer.
It is best to resign from your job in person. If you badly need to, you can also have this type of conversation via phone or video conference. In most cases, this meeting should take place with your direct supervisor. This is a gentility to your manager that helps you very much to avoid unexpected news and gives them much additional time to prepare. It also gives you the opportunity to have a personal talk with them, thanking them for the opportunity.
2. create a positive conversation and focus.
It is very difficult to Talking about resigning from your job. It is very difficult but you have to do a discussion about it. This will make you nervous at the time of talking about the job resignation but you have to feel positive.
- Be honest but don’t go into unnecessary detail. While talking to the employer you have to about the job resignation you have to be very much confident about it you have to give the positive excuse it should be a genuine reason like you left due to family issues, you are joining some other company, having a health problem, etc.
While you may be requested about your next chance, it is your decision whether or not you want to tell your employer this info based on what makes you feel most relaxed.
- Be prepared to let them know the date of your last day. Your employer may inquire about a few pieces of information to get ahead of your departure as best they can, including the date of your last day. Two weeks' notice is common.
- Be gracious. You should have a few words mapped out ahead of time thanking your employer for the opportunity at the company. This can include resources they provided for your continued growth, exceptional management, the opportunity to work on certain projects or simply gained experience in the industry.
- Be prepared for pushback. If you were an exceptional and well-liked employee, your manager may attempt to offer you a pay raise or other perks to keep you on board, if they have the resources. You should be prepared ahead of time with exactly what they can offer for you to stay, or whether you want to engage with a counter-offer at all. If you do choose to stay, be prepared for a potentially awkward relationship moving forward. You can decline a counter-offer with a simple, respectful statement like, “Thank you very much for the offer. While I highly value my time at this company, the next opportunity will be the best option for me moving forward.”
3. If you can’t meet in person, send an email.
If you can’t resign in person or speak to your supervisor via phone or video conference, you have the option of sending an email. In this case, you should give your email a clear subject line, keep the body of your email brief and positive, and attach your two weeks letter as an attachment.
Tips for writing two Week Notice
- Always use Business Letter Format: you have to always use a business letter format it will look professional. At the top of your letter, you should mention your contact information, today's date, and you have to also mention your employer’s contact information.
- Mention the Date: The most important thing you have to mention in your letter is the date when you will be leaving the company. You can also put up the current date that you are leaving two weeks from the current date.
- You have to Keep It Short: you don’t need to mention the much more information about why you are leaving the company.
- You should Be Saying Thank You: while leaving the company you should say thank you to the company because you have learned the new things here so it is the sign of good employees that will create a good impression.
- You should be positive:- while leaving the company you should maintain your professionalism. Either you have any type of experience it is good or bad or you have any misbehave or any type of the problem you have with your boss or co-worker then. You should not give any type of bad feedback in the resignation letter or outside the company.
- You should offer to Help: At your notice period when you have someone replacement then you should help the newcomer you can tell him about the roles and responsibility of the office and the profile role and responsibility too. It will create a good impression to the newcomer and the company too.
- You should send the letter to the Right People: you should send this letter to both your employer and to your human resources (HR) office so that HR has a copy on file.
- You should consider a Resignation Email: You can also send a resignation by the email message or by a formal letter. The content of the email will be should similar to a letter it should not be different. In the subject line of the email, you should include your name and you have to write the word “resignation.”
The reading the above summary we will conclude that we getting the idea that how to make write the resignation letter in a professional way. What are the advantages and the disadvantages if you are not going it professionally. The professional way is the best way to do any type of work in the office. You can follow any one of the ways its paperwork or you can do it by the paperless work. In the paperwork you have to write the letter and send it to the employee, it is also known as the offline method. It is getting delay sometimes because some time the boss is very busy so this can happen that you have sent the letter to him and he does not see that many days. Next is the online way it is very easy, effective and the widely used process in the whole world. Nowadays everyone is online and active on the internet. So if you will use this method you will get the response immediately or you will get the response within the hours which will make your work quick. From the summary, we have also seen that we have to not to give the negative feedback of our old company and we should be talking genteelly with everyone and we should work professional at the notice period as we are working earlier. We should not do any type of quarrel or any type of mischievous think in the office because you are going out or changing the job. It will give a bad impression and if you are going out of the company and you will have a bad impression. If your replacement you get at your notice period then you have to help the newcomer who joins. You can tell him all the types of roles and the responsibility of the job and the company rule. It will show your helpful nature which will good for you.
- Where do you see yourself in five years Sample answers
- Sample emails and templates for job application
- What is your work style
- What is your weakness sample answers and examples
- Skype interview Tips Questions and all you need to know
- Management skills Types Lists meaning and more
- By : Admin
- 13-11-2019 06:59:49 pm
- 0 Comments