Thank You Email After the Interview All You Need to Know
We are put lots of effort to create a resume and preparing for an interview. But we do not spend time for sending a thank you email after interviews. After interview your thank you emails it really makes a positive and good impression on a hiring manager. And it is a simple way to take. And also your thank email can separate you from another candidate who not sends thank you email after an interview.
Thank email after the interview it is a modern way and also its advantages for you, compare to letter, text message. With email, you can remind your hiring manager of your skills your experience or qualities. Also, you share with them your online account like- LinkedIn, another professional social account.
You can send your appreciation by email on the same day, rather than wait for the delivery of a letter. And make sure you send a thank-you email within 24 hours of your interview. Because the hiring manager checks your interest, you're a follow-up process. So, after the interview within one day, you send a thank email.
Your thank-you email is a perfect opportunity to discuss everything that your hiring manager ignores to ask.
For example- if you do not have a chance to explain some things in the interview, then you have written in thank you for an email. And explain why you perfect candidate for the job profile. Thank you email will help you to remind the interviewer about your application. Fix the interview mistakes (if you said something wrong to the hiring manager – a thank you email is a good way to remedy the situation).
Why should you send a thank email after an interview?
Purpose of a thank you email-
- Sincerely thank the interviewer.
- Reiterate your enthusiasm.
- Give them a writing sample.
Most of the candidate thinks all is over after the interview. But at a professional level is important to send thank you for an email. But after the interview, all think in hiring managers' hands. Some of the companies hiring managers, check the candidate when and how take follow up after the interview. Your thank-you email helps the hiring manager in deciding the interview results. It is an easy way to show your interest in this job and how much you eager to join. So when your interview is over within 24 hours you send a thank you email.
Hiring manager things that you are the right candidate for the position (We can remind your skills, qualifications, experience and what exactly they are looking for).
How to write a thank you email after the interview?
You always need to send Thank you email after the interview.
No jokes, no personal comment, directly go to the point. It is the way your thank you mail gets opened.
- Thank you for your advice.
- Thank you
- Thank you for today's interview.
- Thank you and your name.
- Thank you for your valuable time.
Express your appreciation and you need to be sincere. Show to the hiring manager you need this job and you care about the interviewer’s time and you appreciate that.
Don’t mention in email like that,
- I am perfect for this job.
- I know I am good.
- Show that you are interested in this job-
In the interview hiring managers to judge you in all ways, they want to know that you are the right for job role as well as they want to know you are seriousness for the job and you are an eagerness to join. So, keep in mind and make sure to mention your interest in this job in your thank you email. If in case you realize this job not fit for you, clearly mention that in your thank you email.
- End the thank you email-
When you end the thank you email one rule is being polite and be positive.
I appreciate your time that you have given me in an interview, I am interested in this job and waiting for the further process, and your decision
Feel free to contact me.
- Close thank you for an email-
- Firstly you need to say thank you.
- With professional sign off- “sincerely” (With full name and date)
- Mention your official email id, contact number.
Important note for thank you for an email
- Make sure when you send thank you email check grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes. And also when you send an email copy in cc yourself, so you have kept every message that you have sent.
- Send thank you email within 24 hours.
- Send your email in the right way so the hiring manager knows that your interest in the job.
- When sending an email make sure to send separate emails to all your interviewers who meet to you.
- Make sure your job profile name mention in the subject line and also thank you words. It is important because the hiring manager checks your response and your interest in the job.
- Mention in your email some important keywords that related to your skills. These keywords help you.
- Send your email then share your official link.
- One time send a thank you email and follow up in one time in a week. Do not send emails daily for follow up.
- Do not send anything that you look bad. Do not share any picture or unprofessional contain.
- When you send an email, do not give a casual attitude. No, send memes, pictures, jocks, etc.
- After the interview, you send a thank you email is made a positive impact on the hiring manager. When they take the interview decision you are in their mind. And your email made that you have good manners and skills, and you are a perfect employee.
- When you send a thank you email after the interview, always mention a topic that you discuss with a hiring manager. And why your interest in this job.
- It is the best way to show you are genuinely interested and you like to join.
- Mention something interesting that you learn in an interview and company. As well as share personal discussion if you had.
Following are the samples of thank you email after interview
Below we are given some example off Thank you email.
If you are an experienced person and company workplace is good then you try something like this-
- Subject – Thank You email(with full name)
(Hiring manager name)
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me (yesterday/date.) about (Job title) Position at (Company name).
It is a good opportunity for me, and I am positive that my skills will allow me to come in and succeed in this role.
I am looking forward to hearing any updates you can share, so please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions in the meantime.
Thank you, and I hope you inform me regarding the interview result.
Thanks & Regards,
(Your contact number and email id).
- Subject – Thank you for the today interview
Thank you for the time and talk to me about the company position, role (Job profile). It was a good opportunity for me. Our conversation about the job profile made me more eager to join the company. This job profile matches my skills and I am interested in this profile. I am excited to know about today’s interview decision.
If you want to know about any more information please connect me at any time.
Thank you again; looking forward to hearing any interview updates you can share.
( contact number with email id).
If you are fresher and the company is casual or Startup Company then you refer below email example.
- Hi, (Candidate name),
Thank you for your time, it was a pleasure to meet you and discuss job role.
This job profile matches my skills and I am interested in this job, and my experience is helping your company.
Thanks for the opportunity.
If you are applying for the manager level then refer to this email sample.
- Subject line- Thank you for the branch manager interview.
Dear Mr. / Ms.
I learn good things today in an interview. This job profile suitable for my skills, and I am also looking for this job profile. I have that all the skills and experience that you are looking for, and also I have some data and networking team for this job profile. I am interested in this job and I like to join your company (Company name). If you have any question please let me know, feel free to contact me. I appreciate the time you give me.
Thank you again, and I hope you share the result soon.
Thanks & Regards,
(Your Contact number)
(LinkedIn web site).
How to say thank you after the interview – by email or letter?
I think email is the best way to thank you after the interview. Because you send your message the exact time that you want. It is too easier. As well as it is a simple and modern way to deliver your messaging, and it takes less time. If you are given an interview for a high-level post then it is ok to thank you for a letter, but most of the job seekers recommended the modern way it is an email. So it is a better way to say thank you from email.
When to send Thank mail to the recruiter after an interview?
24 hours after the interview, is a good time to send your thank you email. Because after one day your mail fresh for the hiring manager, they do not forget with your conversation. If there is on holiday after an interview then you send an email that evening.
Do not wait too long, make sure you want to send a thank you an email within 24 hours after your interview. When you send the email do not copy through Google, you refer some example but do not copy. Do not lie, if you not interested in a job, say directly.
If you are interviewed by the different manager then you send thank you email every hiring manager, but make sure your email is modified when you send an email to each person, do not copy email and send it to everyone. Make sure your email is professional. Most important send your thank you email in working hours.
Whenever you did interview it is important to send a thank you for an email. Timely send your thank you email is not only for showing your politeness, but it is also a great opportunity to distinguish yourself from other candidates and give you an edge in the hiring process. When you send an email the interviewer reminds you about your application. Demonstrate that you are the right candidate for the position, this thank you email help you in the selection process. And it is showing that you are interested in this job.
- By : Admin
- 29-10-2019 06:11:46 pm
- 0 Comments